This post is now archived as it was written before I became a vegan and rebranded my blog. Comments on this post are closed, although it will remain available for viewing. You can now browse my full collection of vegan recipes.
Welcome to the FIRST ever Taste Creations Linkup where you get to share your own recipe creations with everyone! Seriously, I am so excited to see all of your recipes here! This month’s challenge is to create a recipe using leeks! It can be absolutely anything so get cooking and submit your recipes below! We want to discover your fabulous cooking so we can feature your recipes every month! Read on to find out exactly how you can be a part of it, and for a chance to be featured!
I’ve made this Pizza Fiorentina with Leeks as my creation this month, the recipe is at the bottom of this post!
The Taste Creations Linkup happens on the 1st Monday of Every Month at 7am PST / 10am EST. You can participate by submitting your leeks recipes below, any time until the 8th February at 7am PST / 10am EST. Next month we’ll feature our favourite and most creative recipes from this month, so make sure you submit your post below. Please follow the rules below if you link up a recipe.
Here are the rules for participating in the Linkup
1) Everyone is welcome to link up 1 family friendly recipe, using the featured ingredient of the month. (No home pages please). We reserve the right to delete any posts we don’t believe to be “family friendly.”
2) Please follow your Hosts on social media!
3) Have a Visible Link Back to Lauren Caris Cooks on your blog and in your recipe submission post. You can grab the Taste Creations button below to do this!
3) Please do not link up any round up posts. We ask that all images be original by you.
4) Visit at least 3 other posts and don’t forget to comment! We will try our best to visit as many linkers as possible.
5) By linking to this party you are giving Lauren Caris Cooks, Our Good Life, Tikkido and Mom Home Guide permission to feature one picture on our websites, social media, and blogs. Proper credit will always be given to you. Neither Lauren Caris Cooks, Our Good Life, Tikkido or Mom Home Guide is responsible for stolen and/or misused images, misused projects and ideas.
Linkup Your Leeks Creation Here!
Next month’s ingredient is POTATOES! Don’t forget to come back on Monday 7th March 7am PST / 10am EST to submit your recipes featuring potatoes, and to see who got featured from our leeks submissions!
Pizza Fiorentina with Leeks
A thin crust pizza, topped with delicious spinach, leeks and finished with an egg. A great Friday night dinner!
3/4 cups (170ml) lukewarm water,
1 Teaspoon Active Dried Yeast,
2 cups (240g) All Purpose Flour,
Pinch of Salt,
5-6 Tablespoons Pizza Sauce,
Handful of Baby Spinach,
1 Leek, sauted,
1 Ball Mozzarella Cheese,
Ground Black Pepper for Seasoning.
1. To make the pizza base, place the water and yeast in a bowl and mix. Let sit for a few minutes while you weigh out the flour.
2. Add the flour to the yeast mixture and mix until you have a shaggy dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for around 8 minutes, until the dough is smooth and springs back when poked. Lightly cover the dough in olive oil, place in a large bowl, cover and leave to rise somewhere warm for 1.5 hours or until doubled in size.
3. Punch the air out of the dough and use your hands to press it into a circle roughly 12 inches in diameter, don’t worry about being too exact.
4. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius and let it get completely hot before putting the pizza in the oven.
5. Saute the leeks with a little butter in a frying pan until they begin to soften – 5-10 mins.
6. Top the pizza with all the toppings except the egg and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Pull out and crack the egg into the centre. Bake for another 5 minutes.