This Falafel Salad with Orange and Lemon Tahini Dressing will completely revitalise your lunch! Homemade falafel is super easy, full of flavour and a really healthy, protein filled vegan lunch!
Falafel is literally one of my favourite foods. I love it on salads, on burgers, even just on it’s own. It’s a healthy snack and a really great topping for salad. This version doesn’t require deep frying which makes it a bit healthier. Instead it’s shallow fried which just allows the olive oil to create a crunchy outside to the falafels.
If you’re into salad dressing’s, you’re definitely going to love this one. Tahini itself makes this dressing SO creamy and thick, and the orange and lemon add a beautiful fragrance, lifting the dressing with a subtle sweetness.
Have you ever made falafel at home before? If you love falafel, you’ll also love these Falafel Burgers with Tzatziki dressing!
Falafel Salad with Orange and Lemon Tahini Dressing
A delicious recipe for homemade falafel and a fragrant orange and lemon tahini dressing. This vegan salad will leave you totally satisfied and will vamp up your lunch!
For the Falafel
1 Can Chickpeas (Rinsed and Drained),
1 Cup Chopped Parsley,
1 Cup Chopped Coriander,
4 Cloves Garlic,
1.5 Tablespoons Tahini,
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice,
1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin,
Pinch of Sea Salt,
Pinch of Pepper,
4 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour.
For the Orange & Lemon Tahini Dressing
1/4 cup (60ml) Tahini,
Juice of 1 Lemon,
Juice of 1 Orange,
1/4 – 1/2 cup (60-120ml) water,
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil,
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Place all the ingredients except the flour in the food processor. Process until you have a slightly textured mixture (as pictured above). Tip the mixture into a bowl and add in the flour until thoroughly combined. You may need more or less flour depending on the heat where you are and also the moisture in the other ingredients. Add the flour one tablespoon at a time until you have a ball of mixture that holds itself together and isn’t sticky, but isn’t crumbly either.
2. Scoop tablespoon sized balls of the mixture out and roll, flatten them slightly and place on a plate covered in baking paper. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and fry the falafels for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Start with 1/4 cup of water and add more if you like your dressing a little thinner.
5. Serve with your favourite greens and some grilled pitta bread. Drizzle the dressing over the top.
Note – The dressing will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month.